BARC offers a number of indoor open practice opportunities at Birt Arena in Nampa, ID for dogs and handlers who are currently training and/or competing in agility.
*** Covid-19 policies and procedures for BARC open practices. ***
- Practices are not open to visitors or spectators at this time
- A face covering will be required except when running the course
- Anyone who may have been exposed to the virus or who is feeling ill must stay home
- You may crate out of your cars (taking all precautions for the safety of your dogs), or indoors in spaces designated at least six feet apart
- If crating indoors, you may wait with your dog, but gathering and socializing indoors with other handlers is discouraged
- We will have hand sanitizer available for use before and after touching any equipment or supplies
- All common areas and surfaces will be sanitized frequently
Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 Open Practice Dates
- October 18th: 2:00 – 5:30 PM
- November 22nd: 2:00 – 5:30 PM
- December 27th: 2:00 – 5:30 PM
- January TBA
- February TBA
- March 27th 2:00 – 5:30 PM
Practices are hosted by club members, who determine the type of practice, choose the courses, and are responsible for set up, take down and collection of fees. Volunteers are always needed!
To join in a practice, the dog/handler must be working with a local agility trainer or have prior experience with competing or training agility, and able to perform obstacles safely off leash around other dogs. This is for the safety of all involved. Please keep an eye on your dog at all times, whether on or off leash, to avoid any unwanted interaction or altercations. Crating your dog between turns is recommended, and there is plenty of room available.
The fees are as follows:
- $6 For Members who help set-up or take-down, first dog
- $8 For Non-members who help set-up or take-down, first dog
- $10 All others, first dog
- $1 For each extra dog (members or non-members)
For directions to our practice facility, click here: Birt Arena
Thank you to all the volunteers and participants who make our practices a success! Interested in hosting a practice? Email us! Click here to see what hosting entails.