BARC offers a number of indoor open practice opportunities at Birt Arena in Nampa, ID for dogs and handlers who are currently training and/or competing in agility.
Practices are hosted by club members, who determine the type of practice, choose the courses, and are responsible for set up, take down and collection of fees. Volunteers are always needed!
Visitors are welcome to come watch. To join in a practice, the dog/handler must be working with a local agility trainer or have prior experience with competing or training agility, and able to perform obstacles safely off leash around other dogs. This is for the safety of all involved. Please keep an eye on your dog at all times, whether on or off leash, to avoid any unwanted interaction or altercations. Crating your dog between turns is recommended, and there is plenty of room available.
The fees are as follows:
- $6 For Members who help set-up or take-down, first dog
- $8 For Non-members who help set-up or take-down, first dog
- $10 All others, first dog
- $1 For each extra dog (members or non-members)
For directions to our practice facility, click here: Birt Arena
Fall/Winter 2017-2018 Open Practice Dates (Host):
- October 8th 2:00-5:30 (AKC Style -Kari/Cami)
- November 26th 2:00-5:30 (USDAA Style – Marilyn)
- December 10th 2:00-5:30
- January 27th 2:00-5:00
- February 11th 2:00-5:30
- March 4th 2:00-5:00 (USDAA Style – Kari)
- April 14th 2:00-5:00 (NADAC Style – Jacquie)
- May 6th 2:00-5:00 (USDAA Style – Janet)